Homemade breadcrumbs are easy to make and very useful as well. You can use them to leave a trail in the woods like Hansel and Gretel or don’t you believe in fairy tales???
- A few slices bread of choice a few slices to a whole loaf
- Toast slices of bread in a pan until crisp (not brown) on both sides.
- Trim off the brown edges off the slices (if you want strictly white crumbs).
- Cut bread into cubes or little squares.
- Grind the cubes in the dry mill of a blender/food processor.
VOILA! Your breadcrumbs are ready.
What to do with breadcrumbs? Just a couple of ideas:
- Breadcrumbs can be used for coating food before frying to give it a crunchy, crispy finish.
- It can also be used for binding foods like meatballs
- Breadcrumbs can also serve as a thickener for soups
Find this helpful? Drop a comment below or on our instagram