10 Signs Your Body Needs Nutrients
Our bodies communicate with us in different ways. It could be as simple as a yawn to say you are tired, or a rumble in your belly when you’re hungry. You hear how drinking too much garri is bad for your eyes, and how it can also be responsible for those corner-of-the-mouth tears. Our body also lets us know when we are deficient in some nutrients. Here’s how:
- DANDRUFF: Dandruff in your hair might mean you’re deficient in Omega 3, Selenium or Vitamin A which you can find in sardines, brazil nuts, beef liver just to mention a few.
- EASY BRUISING: Bruising easily does not automatically make you an ajebutter. It just might mean you are in need of some vitamin c. Citrus fruits are a good source of vitamin C.
- TWITCHING: Sometimes, you notice your eyes twitching? And not with anger the way some fictitious TV characters do, just involuntarily. It might mean you’re deficient in one or more of the following – vitamin D, Magnesium, calcium, Vitamin B1, B2, B3, B6, B9. These nutrients you can get in beans and nuts, whole grains such as whole wheat bread and green leafy vegetables.
- BLEEDING GUMS: Bleeding gums might mean you are deficient in vitamin C and folic acid. Citrus fruits and avocado pear, okra, spinach, broccoli, dried beans, peas and nuts provide you enough folic acid and vitamin c for that nutrient you require.
- UNUSUAL NOSEBLEEDS: Try some citrusy foods for this, you might be needing some vitamin C nutrients.
- POOR NIGHT VISION: As the jingle from a popular Nigerian beverage says it “Vitamin A for good sight…” So ensure you get your vitamin A dosages from beef, liver and carrots.
- MUSCLE CRAMPING: Your middle toes suddenly lock together painfully? Your body might be hungry for some Magnesium, B1, B2and Vitamin B6. Whole grains to the rescue yet again.
- PEELING CUTICLES: Your cuticles keep tearing? Try eating more protein
- PALE LOWER LID: Doctors seem to like this one a lot – the act of checking your inner lower lids. Pale lower eyelids could mean you need more iron.
- CRACKS IN THE CORNER OF THE MOUTH: Yes, those painful embarrassing cracks are really a sign of malnutrition and it means you need some vitamin B6 in your system.
- MENSTRUAL PIMPLES: Acne during menstruation besides announcing to the world that you’re on your period, could also mean you need some B6. Eat plenty of fish, beef liver and other organ meats, like tripes, potatoes and other starchy vegetables. One for the girls wouldn’t you say?
Do you pay attention to your body? How much of your body’s signs do you recognize?