RAINBOW PANCAKES (with beetroot or food colouring)
- 2 cups of flour
- Melted butter (optional)
- 2 level teaspoons ground cinnamon vanilla extract, or any other flavours
- 1 ½ tbsps white sugar (to taste)
- Food colouring
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 4 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 egg
- 1 level teaspoon of salt
- 3½ tsps baking powder
- Melt your butter in the microwave, then beat your egg and mix with butter until even.
Pour your ingredients together in a bowl (sifted flour, baking powder, cinnamon, milk) in a bowl.
Add 1½ cup of water to your mix and stir evenly until smooth.
- Split your batter into smaller sized bowls and add different food colouring to each bowl.
- Lightly oil a non-stick pan and pour batter in the pan to preferred size. (If you want the bigger pieces with bigger circumference).
- Cook each side for 3-6 minutes then the uncooked side starts to bubble, flip the pancake over using a rubber spatula and leave until nicely browned and serve.
- This can be refrigerated and rewarmed in a toaster.
- For people who don’t want to use food colouring, coloured baby puree or foods with natural colours like roselle leaves and beetroots should be blended with your batter before frying.