The Nigerian native Jollof Rice, also known as Palm oil Rice is a soul food at its finest – It’s hearty, incredibly satisfying and deeply comforting. It is quite different from the popular Nigerian Jollof Rice because this recipe uses Palm Oil and other indigenous Nigerian spices.
With the perfect balance of indigenous Nigerian spices together with Dry Fish or smoked Fish, you can create this easy yet delicious palm oil Rice.
- Palm oil
- Scent leaves
- Ground pepper sauce
- Locust beans
- Smoked fish
- Red crayfish
- Seasoning cubes
- Wash and parboil rice
- Wash onions, scent leaves, kpomo and slice in small bits.
- Put a clean pot on heat and pour in palm oil
- Add locust beans and stir to release its flavor
- Add stockfish, red crayfish, kpomo and stir again
- Add seasoning cubes, salt and grounded pepper sauce
- Stir and allow to fry for few minutes
- Add scent leaves, stir and leave to cook for few minutes
- Add parboiled rice, stir and cover pot until it is done
- Serve hot and enjoy!