7 Fruits to That will Increase Your Libido This Valentines | FoodBayTV
What better time to be more deliberate about foods with hidden potencies than during this season of the year – valentines. One thing that seems to be trending among womenfolk these days is ‘kaya’n mata’ – the northern origin herbs and spices which promise hosts of functions from the purely to sexual, to more doubtful purposes ensuring a lover’s attention never strays. They promise it’s not voodoo too!
Besides these traditional concoctions, there are certain foods that improve your libido.
What better way to improve your bedroom activities than with nature’s healthy foods which also provide other health benefits for your body. Here are some:
- AVOCADOES: We bet you’re thinking ‘avocadoes again’. Yes avocadoes look like they just might be winning food of the year. Did you know…that the Aztec word for avocadoes is ‘Ahuacati’ which means ‘testicle’ (which might explain the fruit’s shape). Avocadoes possess levels of folic acid, and some B vitamins which increase testosterone production. There are so many ways to add avocadoes to your daily diet for instance iIn a salad or as a dip,.
- WATERMELONS: So there’s more to watermelons than sitting pink and pretty. Watermelons contain citruline, a phytonutrient which increases blood flow by raising the body’s level of nitric acid which makes the body relax and spikes sexual arousal. This can be eaten in cold refreshing slices or as a drink.
- COFFEE: Coffee does not just wake up the mind, it also wakes up certain parts of the human anatomy, increasing stamina and elevating one’s mood. Research has also proven that coffee drinking could improve sex life, and coffee drinkers were less likely to have erection issues.
- BANANA: Bananas contain riboflavin, bromelian enzyme, potassium, and Vitamin B2, which enhance testosterone production and boost sex drive. Bananas are delicious on their own, and in smoothies, pancakes, in a fruit salad, and in a host of other delicious meals.
- HOT CHILLIES: Capsaicin, the ingredient in chillies that makes them hot also stimulates nerve endings and releases endorphins which stimulate other areas of the body. We’re not sure, but maybe this is why there is such a “kayan mata” whole chicken peppersoups.
- ALMONDS: Almonds are in fact, a fertility symbol in some parts of the world. They are also said to possess aphrodisiac qualities. Almonds possess essential fatty oils of the healthy kind which are needed for the production of testosterone hormones that boost production and fertility! Besides being a good snack option, almond milk is also a good substitiute for the lactose intolerant.
- COCONUTS: Besides one of the ingredients used in the making of ‘Kunun Aya’ (insert link to kunun aya), a northern Nigerian beverage purported to enhance sexual performance. Coconut water also contains the same level of electrolytes as your blood. It also boosts metabolism and increases blood flow, and thus, may serve as an
Besides all these, there’s really no better way to show you love yourself than by eating right. Happy Valentine and share the love